About The Church
WorshipThe primary reason for the church to meet is to worship the Lord Jesus Christ. Everything we do should come out of our worship of Christ. Activity sometimes gets in the way of worship. Too often a worship service is turned into a performance where the attention is on the singer or speaker and not the Lord. Motivation and Strength for ministry is the by product of worship.
EvangelismSharing Christ with others should be a natural part of every Christian's life. We are commanded by our Lord to carry the gospel to every person on earth. Training and planning for evangelism must be a major emphasis in every church. Too often the focus in on the membership instead of those outside the church.
DiscipleshipThe heart of the Great Commission is to make disciples not converts. Some churches are strong on evangelism but are weak on discipleship. We are to not only reach people, we must teach them the ways of Christ. The job is not complete until the new Christian is a reproducing disciple-maker.
The Vision of Emotionally Healthy Spirituality for Churches
Emotionally Healthy Spirituality (EHS) is about:
- Helping people develop a deep personal transformative relationship with Jesus Christ out of which they serve the world. EHS is a solution to the problem of shallow Christianity and people not changing. This new paradigm of beneath the surface discipleship develops transformed people that have energy that are driven from a life within. EHS recovers biblical truths overlooked in Western culture (e.g. the gift of limits, loss and grief, brokenness and vulnerability, character before performance, loving well as the criteria for maturity.)
- A missional spirituality. Our aim is to connect people deeply to Jesus, themselves, and each other in order to accomplish the churches’ missional vision. EHS is a means for long-term effectiveness in reaching people for Christ and transforming our communities.
- Is about loving well, i.e teaching people to connect in healthy, authentic ways, breaking unhealthy family of origin and cultural patterns and learning healthy emotional bonding in the new family of Jesus (emotional Intelligence –e.g. self-awareness, managing reactivity, social relationships, negotiating differences). Our goal is that people become great lovers of God and great lovers of others.
- Offers simple, but reproducible, tools to help create healthy community inside the church that can be applied outside in the marketplace. The EH Skills 2.0 were developed out of 16 years of research and development. There is a great deal of theology, theory, and depth behind each tool.
- Provides a rich biblical theology, along with practical skills, to build long-term marriage, family and singles ministries. This is a necessary step for churches serious about deep, beneath the surface, spiritual formation.
- Enables leaders to lead joyfully out of a deep interior life with Christ.
- Is a powerful, proven paradigm to serve churches committed to reconciliation. EHS was developed in a multi-racial, multicultural, international context over a 17-year period. It provides a new language and a radical center around Jesus to bring together races, cultures, and social classes.
Psalm Thirty Two
- Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.
- Blessed is the man unto whom the LORD imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.
- When I kept silence, my bones waxed old through my roaring all the day long.
- For day and night thy hand was heavy upon me: my moisture is turned into the drought of summer. Selah.
- I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the LORD; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah.
- For this shall every one that is godly pray unto thee in a time when thou mayest be found: surely in the floods of great waters they shall not come nigh unto him.
- Thou art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble; thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance. Selah.
- I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye.
- Be ye not as the horse, or as the mule, which have no understanding: whose mouth must be held in with bit and bridle, lest they come near unto thee.
- Many sorrows shall be to the wicked: but he that trusteth in the LORD, mercy shall compass him about.
- Be glad in the LORD, and rejoice, ye righteous: and shout for joy, all ye that are upright in heart.
Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.1 Timothy 6:12
The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.2 Cori. 4:4
For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for himColo. 1. 16
I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye.Psalm 32:8
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.Jn. 3:16
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.John 8:32
Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed.John 6:27
The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.Colo. 1. 15
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;Ephesians 6:16-18
Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.1 John 3:2
He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.John 3:36